Friday, November 21, 2008

Today I met with a couple of extraordinary women. Though I feel constantly overwhelmed by my job at the Missourian, I have heard some of the most interesting stories. I love being a journalist because you get to spend your time learning about other people and hearing their stories.

Hopefully I will have this one in article form on the website soon.

As for now, I am trying to hold the pieces of my broken self together and remember that times heals all.

My friends and family have been absolutely incredible in my time of transition. I don't know what I would do without them. I live oceans or states away from a bunch of people dear to my heart. I am so thankful for the technology that minimizes those distances! And as much as I hate it for its coldness and darkness, my sótano bedroom with sketchy internet access couldn't be a better escape from the world when it overwhelms me. Especially when you throw in two parents and a brother who know when to leave me alone and when to take me out for lunch.

No comments: