Monday, December 8, 2008

Omniglot


If I could have any super power, I would choose communication. Now, that may seem like a lame choice...like Heart on Captain Planet. Look, he's always in the background on the group pictures. Wouldn't I rather make tornados or fly or something?

No. I wish I had the time to learn every language on the planet. I don't, but I try not to let that discourage me from trying. This website is perfect for those who are mildly curious about other cultures and languages. Anytime I think about seriously taking up a third language, I go check it out here first. The website has a great index and great descriptions on the history of the language and its roots, not to mention all the resources. They include everything from Catalán to Elvish. Haha.

So, go forth and educate yourself!

No comments: